Monday, November 1, 2010

...Predator...

I went hunting yesterday....

I was ruthless, anything that batted their long lustrous lashes at me was slayed, bagged, and conquered.


Then I slung my conquests over my shoulder and dragged them home, exhaltant...


It was primal, satisfying, and exhilarating...  I am proud to say that I attained a good amount of work type cloths, as well as one of those ultra illusive amazing sequined racer back tank tops-ha!  Obviously (if you know me) I really was hunting... for the best value.  I was raised to be a good bargain hunter, and then after shopping with an ultra low budget for the Women's Education Project (my graduate assistantship at Antioch University Seattle working with homeless and formerly homeless women in metro Seattle) for two years these skills were honed into a fine art...

So I was thinking, while there are certainly things I am not good at, shopping for myself and others is not one of those things.  With the Christmas season approaching, here are some fun ideas for gifts:

UNDER $25


Preserve toothbrush subscription:  This may be more of a stocking stuffer... with an array of colors and bristle firmness (never though I would type that) each subscription order contains one Preserve Toothbrush which is delivered to your door every three months for one year (four toothbrushes total)... who actually remembers to replace their toothbrush??  I love this, and each toothbrush comes with a mail back pouch for your old toothbrush so they can recycle it!  $13 each.


Gear Candle holder:  Reclaimed iron gears, $6.95 each.


Austrian windproof lighter: $15




The Berry Good Scarf:  $14.99




Stanley flask:  $25




Ring Holder:  A few neat things happening here, but I am highlighting the branch jewelry holder, $7.95


Alphacritter Mousepad:  $12




Voluspa Candle:  These smell diiiivine.... $18




Recycled windshield glasses:  did you know anything like this existed??  $22.



Insulated animal mug:  $18




Iittala krouvi beer mug:  $23.95 for a set of four!  I bought these for Sean so maybe I am partial but these are great.


Anywhoooo... here are some ideas... I will be on the prowl and will share anything fantastic that I find... Happy hunting!

1 comments:

  1. soooo ...is this your xmas wish list too?

    ps. i like the price of the Voluspa candle from Marshalls A LOT better:)

    ReplyDelete