Thursday, January 12, 2012

Dia de los Muertos





The Dia de los Muertos Project-

El Dia de los Muertos (the Day of the Dead) is a celebration to remember and honor the departed. It's celebrated Nov. 1-2 with family altars, parades, special foods like skull-shaped bread and candy - and increasingly, costumes and face paint that gleefully mock death.
Day of the Dead imagery is at once dark and beautiful.
In this project, I'll turn ordinary crowd-sourced snapshots into colorful Day of the Dead portraits. The project, if funded, will launch on Day of the Dead and conclude one year later on Nov. 1, 2012.
               From Rachael Rossmanhttp://www.rachaelrossman.com/

I just became a backer so that Sean and I can partake in this project.  We were both sold after seeing her portrait of The Blogess:


I need your help to decide which picture to send her to paint...




UPDATE:  Well I have been a lazy enough blogger in the past... what almost 6 months... that this is sorrowfully out of date.  If Rachel Rossman weren't so on the ball I may have been able to sneak my own laziness by you but as promised she began painting the portraits in earnest when the new year began and guess what... we were the first portrait she did!  We thought we were going to have to wait until October or November to finally get a peek at our portrait but I received an e-mail on January 1st that ours was the first of the new year (I am choosing to believe it was because when she saw a picture of us she couldn't resist our blinding beauty...hmmm...).   Without further delay (drummmmmmmrooooolllllllll):


That came from this:


What do you think??

0 comments:

Post a Comment