Tuesday, October 12, 2010

...mooooo...

So Sean has developed a deep and abiding love for (no not me) cowhide as of late.  That's right, cowhide.  He wishes beyond wish that he could have a cowhide rug, which I have to say grosses me out a little.  Here is a fine specimen from Design Within Reach, which we lovingly call design way out of reach:


Of course, this is ridiculously expensive... try $750!

There is the somewhat more reasonably prices Ikea version:


This is a much more agreeable $199, yet is still a dead animal skin for the floor... but then, Sean loves it soo much...  This brings me to the compromise...




Yes!  Atop his beloved chair that is a faux cow hide pillow from Cost Plus World Market... it is also a modest $24.99, perhaps stiff for just a pillow, but as a peacemaker.... priceless.  Also, I like it too.  I really wanted this to go with it, maybe at a later date:


This is also from Cost Plus and runs $59.99, and wouldn't it look goooood on my bed?!

Ok so now for some more inspirational cowhide pieces to contemplate...


Beautifully designed in living room setting...


This is a classic Le Corbusier chair in hide, this is a classic albeit "out of reach" piece for many of us!  Here at DWR for $3,000.




Cindy, this one's for you!  Yellow cowhide?!?!  too cool.  This is by Kyle Bunting furniture company.


Perhaps we need one for each door in out house...




 What??  Well, why not...  Check it out here.


Pony Cube Ottoman from Advanced Interior Designs.




Modern patchwork from All Modern.com.


Funny thing, the deeper I get into this I find myself remembering my "lovie."  This was my security blanket when I was little, and it was actually sheepskin, hmmm.... so much for being grossed out by animal skin in my home...




Ahhhh... like coming home.

2 comments:

  1. LOL...that was funny. as soon as i spotted the yellow chair, i said "oh i LOVE that one" then I read Cindy, this one is for you!!! thanks for the should out!
    btw, i love your new pillow and ALL the other stuff too! never enough fur I say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog!! This recently-quit-her-job stay at home mom approves. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete