Wednesday, January 19, 2011

...Juuuuice...


Just a Wednesday evening thought...

Juice used to be one of my nick-names in high school.  You know, Lucy/ Juicy, Luce/ Juice...  It was totally innocent but once when I pulled onto the school lot a teacher said, "Heeeey Juice..." and then blushed and said, "well, that sounded totally inappropriate..."  It does sound a little wrong, but it was cute, and as it turns out I even moon-lighted in a juice bar...

I have now fallen in love with fresh juice, and wheatgrass, which has TONS of benefits that you can check out here.  My favorite benefit is that when I take a 2oz shot in the morning I literally do not sweat or have any kind of body odor all day, regardless of how active I am (strange sentence I know).  It is amazing.

I have an old juicer that I love dusting off (and Sean hates putting away) and our favorite combo is kale, chard, spinach, celery, an apple and a few grapes....deeelish...

Interestingly I also read that with a powerful blender (and a little water added) you can just blend and strain rather than buy a juicer... worth a try.  You can also saute or bake with the pulp.

I think the ideal however is this beauty...


The Vitamix, it would seriously blend whatever you chucked into it into a juice... I even saw it make hot soup.  They put all the soup ingredients raw into the blender and blended it until it was HOT soup... crazy.  You can also make sorbet in the same blender.  Magic.

Whatever your method, give it a whirl!  Wheatgrass is available at lots of little hippie stores as well as whole foods and I would say it is delectable with some fresh lemon and ginger mixed in....mmm....

Have a great Thursday!

1 comments:

  1. really? no sweat no smell? i gotta try that.
    been thinking about investing in a juicer...kind of need the counter space but you're encouraging the inspiration...keep you posted.

    xo

    ReplyDelete