Sunday, January 16, 2011

...CBS sunday morning, blogs, eggs on toast and coffee...


I realize this may make me older than my years, but the highlight of my television watching comes on Sunday morning when CBS Sunday Morning comes on...  I try to make sure the coffee is made and I am comfy in my pajamas when 9 am rolls around and Charles Osgood introduces me to the wonders of our world... looooove...  This really may be me absolute favorite time of the week...  

This morning it was made even better by my childhood favorite breakfast, 'eggs on toast,' a true delicacy that I think my mom made up.  It takes skill and precision to get the dish just so, and the ingredients are rare and pricey so brace yourself...

Welcome to the wild world of Eggs On Toast

Prepare some over easy eggs, one egg per slice of toast... season with some salt and pepper...


Toast your bread of choice in a toaster that is preferably cleaner than mine...

Rock on with your ketchup... shout out to Heinz Ward for a great game...


Plop an egg on each slice and....


Break the yolk and cut into bite sized pieces while you enjoy the righteous joy of simple pleasure...

Happy almost Martin Luther King Jr. Day of remembrance!!!

2 comments:

  1. Lucy, you almost had me on the eggs on toast.. until I saw all that ketchup. Ew!!! (Trey would like this, though.) Miss you! Look forward to seeing you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... it reminds me of the opening credits of Dexter!

    ReplyDelete