Friday, January 28, 2011

...just a moment of appreciation for our new kitchen...

Well, any fellow facebookers out there may have seen some of our remodel pictures, but here are some more of the kitchen.  When we moved into our little slice of home a year ago the kitchen was #1 on our list of things to spend money on.  Now that we have settled in I had almost forgotten how much I hated the old kitchen and how lucky I am to have the new one.

Here is a glimpse of the old kitchen...


The back wall (soon to be blue)...


The old sink, ughhhhh...


I actually liked the butcher block part of the counter but we were told that it wasn't very hygienic, yuck.

Our new kitchen is almost totally from Ikea, and it was affordable and easy (in large part because we hired someone else to install it.  All we chose to do was demo the old kitchen (which was a challenge), hang the shelves and seal the tile.  In fact, I chose the tile because it was the least expensive and one of my favorites.  It is just simple slate tile with a high gloss sealer, and I LOVE it.


Sean did all of the shelf hanging and did a superb job... I so love the blue wall and tile and it makes me smile to look at it.




The new sink and window wall, what a difference this is.  From that little sink to this beauty, it makes me happy to wash things now (well things other than dishes, I will never love washing dishes, even if I figure our how to be zen with the art of washing dishes...)







This little detail (the tiled window ledge) was something the time-man did on a whim and we fell in love with.  He angled it slightly down so it drains into the sink area and it looks so great.

Anyway, just thought I would share some ideas, and my love of my new kitchen, come over for some tasty-tasties!



1 comments: