Tuesday, March 1, 2011

...30 day challange...

Well I have gone and done it.


I was not happy at my job for a number of reasons, and it was not at all leading me towards my career and personal goals and so I made the choice to resign.  It is daunting to enter the world of unemployment again but Sean and I have gone into it with open eyes, clear goals and a much more positive attitude.  It is amazing to think that I was in this exact spot one year ago- where did an entire year go and I am in the same place?!?! 

Well, in order to help keep myself sane and positive I am beginning a 30 day fitness challenge.  I wanted to do something that would motivate me to blog and live and stay happy and tone my gluteal area... yeah that last one is key...  At first I thought I would join the 30 for 30 challenge that I think is great from Kendi Everyday- check it out, it would be a great challenge, but I felt like I needed something more...

Not to be outdone by Dean Karnazes (who is currently running across our country!), I am embarking on the challenge of one class a day for this entire month.  I will be partaking in yoga (yay), kettlebells (today is my very first kettlebell class, tune in tomorrow for details), and pilates (matt and reformer, neither of which I have done before!).

I am still going to keep doing the things I do, but I am also going to get out of the house every day and partake in some sort of group activity to keep sane (and tone up a bit).

Still unsure if I will do a weekly wrap-up or check in each day- I think for this week I will check in daily and then resort to the weekly wrap up in homage to 'fit fridays'.

Check out Oni Fitness Studio which is where I just started teaching and where I will be taking a lot of classes!  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. That's great, Lucy! My studio is doing a 30 day challenge this month, and I'm doing a 60 day challenge right now. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds great....also a much better fit that the clothing challenge at this point. you will feel more accomplished. i would like to join this challenge, without the classes. lets talk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lucy! I'm sure that was a tough decision, but I'm also sure you made the right one. Hopefully you'll have more opportunities at Oni too. Best of luck and I'll be following you on the blog! (I'm on a Facebook break for a while...)

    ReplyDelete