Friday, February 11, 2011

...flank steak tacos...

And here my friends is one more quick delish recipe for you weekend.


I got this idea from one of my favorite cooking related blogs, The Pioneer Woman.  She used the marinate for 'beef fajita nachos' and I just adapted it to my purposes.


Olive oil...


Lime juice (key lime juice rather than fresh lime) (I also just noticed it was expired...oops)...


Garrrrrlic...


Weird scallions...


And delicious chipotle peppers...

The marinate...
  • ⅓ cups Olive Oil
  • 2 whole Limes, Juiced
  • 4 whole Canned Chipotle Peppers, With A Little Sauce
  • 4 cloves Garlic, Peeled
  • 1 whole Handful Of Cilantro (I didn't have cilantro so I used scallions instead, weird I know...)


It is recommended to marinate over night...


Sear it up, a few minutes on each side...


Chop the veg. you would like on your tacos...


Let the meat sit and rest while you saute the veg. until tender in the same pan with all the juices...


Veg...


Thinly slice...


Accoutrement and warmed tortillas...


Very tasty...

1 comments:

  1. Why am I never in town when you are cooking these marvelous meals??

    ReplyDelete