Friday, February 11, 2011

...oreo stuffed chocolate chippers...


Oh yes, I spotted this gem on a blog the other day, check out the original version from Becky Bakes here.  I saw it, and I couldn't look away and immediately began plotting my attack.  I bought oreo's and followed my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe found here from In Jennie's Kitchen and away I went.  The cookie dough recipe recommends to refrigerate over night but let's be honest, I am not.that.patient(period)...

You will notice the mammoth size of my cookies, I am sure you could make yours a more decent size because we could only eat one a day it was so massive.


I literally had to cut this baby in half to dip it into my almond milk, and oh-by-the-way unsweetened vanilla almond milk is another new love, try it and love it, preferably with a 'cookie in a cookie.'


cookie dough recipe:


4 cups flour (18 ounces)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks butter, softened (8 ounces)
2 cups sugar (15 ounces)
2 tablespoons molasses
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
12 ounces bittersweet chocolate discs

In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter, sugar and molasses until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Beat until well mixed. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate discs. Let sit in refrigerator overnight before baking, and may be stored this way for up to two days.

When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350ºF. Line baking sheets with silicon mats or parchment paper. Gently form dough into 1 1/2 to 2-inch balls and place 2 to 3 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes on middle rack. Remove from oven and let cool on pan for 2 more minutes. Transfer cookies to a rack to cool completely if you have any will power left.
From In Jennie's Kitchen

I especially love these because they have molasses in the recipe and I think it makes them delish.

Now wrap dough around your o.r.e.o. and bake at 350 for about 10-15 minutes depending on how enormous your cookie is.

ENJOY and happy weekend!

1 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm glad you posted the molasses ccc recipe too; I need to make this (AFTER our vacation.... I do have to put on a bathing suit soon you know!).

    ReplyDelete