Sunday, October 17, 2010

...gone mad...

A funny little side note.  You may have heard about this show, it's kinda popular, people seem to enjoy it, it is called Mad Men...  I love when I hear, "that's so mad-men," in daily conversation now.  I came across an AMC website the other day where you can mad-men yourself and I couldn't resist.  Then when I showed Sean he made himself, it was hilarious to watch, but then I asked him to make me... daring I know but I was curious to see what features etc. he would pick....


This is my version of my mad-men self, dark hair up in a bun, "stately" (read large) nose, easy cloths and minimal accessories... coffee in hand!


Here is Sean's version of me!  I am shopping and drinking a cola, I would imagine he was thinking diet coke, although to my credit I haven't been drinking soda since last fall when I did my yoga teacher training, funny how we remember people though.  I also seem to be in the midst of someone's messy picnic, strange because I rarely throw random bones around with my checkers game and banana peels...  I think he gave me a much more traditionally attractive face, and darker hair, and I can only wonder about the kerchief... Overall a very amusing exercise with a loved one!

Here are some fun sites to check out that are so "mad-men..."



There are some fun finds here, like this beauty that come is size xs to 3x!  Unique Vintage


L.L. Bean Signature Line:  Some fun pieces in here, verrry preppy!




Target:  when you hunt, you can find vintage inspired pieces almost anywhere!


Enjoy the new season Mad Men fans!  Here is my handsome mad-man...  Do share any sites/places you love to vintage hunt on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment