Friday, April 29, 2011

...may flowers...


We have certainly weathered the April showers, severe thunderstorms and tornadoes so I am hopeful that May will bring a reprieve from the violent weather, as well as a month for me to practice contentment and non-attachment.  Since the May flowers are coming up I am going to stop and take the time to smell 'em (even though I live in Atlanta and things have been flowering for a couple months now). 

In order to appreciate these small, real, natural and free treasures that the world has to offer I am engaging in a buying freeze.  That's right, a retail free month, a month free of bargain hunting and window shopping (maybe I will window shop...), I won't even buy a bottle of nail polish. 

We are lucky enough (and Sean worked hard enough) to get to go to Aruba with his company on June 1st and from this Sunday to the day we leave the only store I will be in is the grocery store.  Wish me luck or join me in a retail free month!

In honor of this small undertaking I will be skipping to the Niyamas of yoga theory (the observances) and kicking that off with Santosha (contentment) next week.  Exciting business!

0 comments:

Post a Comment