Thursday, September 16, 2010

Atlanta Kirtan-tastic!

I am so excited. After another great yoga class with Todd at Peachtree Yoga I asked about the Kirtan scene here in Atlanta, I had googled it but not found much. He told me about Kirtan at Vista Yoga this weekend! The above picture is my Yoga Teacher Training pre-Kirtan moment in the sun. Kirtan is a call and response chanting that is a devotional practice, I once heard it compared to American Gospel music... in short it kinda rocks! We chanted everyday in my training and I loved it. I would say there was about a 70-30 split in my training class of people that loved Kirtan and those that tolerated it the way I tried to tolerate the 30 minute silent sitting meditation at 6 am (with lots of frustration and a feeling of spiritual impotence). I even got Sean to come with me to Kirtan at the Samarya Center in Seattle once and he actually did really well and sat through the entire night with the lovely Stephanie leading the chant on guitar.

In short, I am psyched to go to this Kirtan this Saturday, and I will let you know how it went...

On a similar note I may have my first paid yoga teacher gig, which is also super exciting and I will keep ya updated!
(yoga in sweden!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment