Wednesday, September 29, 2010

...Happy Birthday Trey...

Trey is the first person we knew in Atlanta, Sean works with him so they met when Sean was still in the evil empire (that is just what I called his office in Seattle, it was an enormous black glass building in a "w" shape).  So... the first time I met Trey was at pink house thai, again not really what the restaurant was called but it was a big pink house in Fremont (super delicious)  It is actually name Kaosamai, go there!



Trey if fun.  We like him.  He likes cars, and shopping, and working out, and being busy, and will seemingly try anything (which we also like).

So for his birthday we wanted to make him something tasty... enter Cream Cheese Pound Cake.  Trey choose to have lemon pound cake, so I did alter the recipe slllllightly, and I can say with 100% certainty that anything on this Tasty Kitchen site that has a good rating, is in fact delicious, it has never led me astray.


Ok begin with ingredients.... I am excited already... I cut the recipe in half to only make one loaf.


Typically I am against sifting... I find it tedious, and I am not convinced that it makes a difference (I am no pastry chef).  However, the recipe said to do it, and I was making it for someone other than me, so I did it.


Then I creamed ROOM TEMPERATURE butter, cream cheese and sugar.


Add the eggies...


Enter the alteration, I zested (is that a word?) this lemon and then squeezed a quarter of the lemon into the batter.


Slowly add dry sifted flour mixture...  I love my hand mixer, thanks Mel!


After mixin' it up I stuck it into the oven...


Then I watched Sean and Aphi watch tv. from the stairs...


Isn't she the cutest little shiny black mutt (SBM) in the world?!


While the cake was baking (an hour is a long time, although I cut the time a little since there was only one loaf, so about 45-50 min.) I also made some lemon and honey whipped cream.... I love making whipped cream (and then having the left over in my coffee in the morning) but I usually only do maple syrup in it, I have to say lemon and honey were awesome....


Whip it up until it's stiff (that's what she said), preferably while wearing a frilly apron...


I then "iced" it in lemon curd, I may have left it in the oven for five too many minutes and the edges were a little brown so I was concerned it would be a tad dry to I iced it while it was hot and somewhat thickly hoping that the lemon curd would melt in a bit.  This may have helped but I must say, this is the densest, moistest, richest pound cake ever...yum.


Happy Birthday Trey!

0 comments:

Post a Comment